NDE- Deaerator and Tank Inspections
Personnel performing your inspection are currently qualified and certified in accordance with the American Society for No-Destructive Testing Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A.
PTI Scope of Inspection
PTI proposes to furnish all necessary services for labor, materials, consumables, tools and equipment as required for completion of the following non-destructive examinations to the vessel.
- Secure copies of original data reports and subsequent R-Forms filed with National Board.
- Conduct a visual examination of all accessible presure vessel parts, surface and weldments, identifying any gross mechanical deficiencies.
- Grind flush approximately 20% of the total linear footage of interior vessel weldemnts, concentrating at the longitudinal and circumferential weldment intersections, including locations corresponding to external support and structural attachments in accordance with NACE guidelines prior to NDE.
- Assess the extent of any pitting with regard to quantities and depth.
- Conduct wet fluorescent magnetic particle examinations of all accessible tank wled seams, weldments, and "heat affected zones."
- Conduct random ultrasonic thickness measurements to develop thickness profile of tank shell and heads.
- Complete a written evaluation of all findings and relevant indications with photographs for reference and documentation and review.
Presure vessel must be offline, open, cooled and isolated from any steam, feedwater, condensate and any other potential energy hazard or source. PTI will apply lock-out / Tag-out system and perform the appropriate atmospheric monitoring.
Cleanliness of the vessel interior is very important with regard to the inspection process. Deposits or scaling of any kind have the potential for masking discontinuities and rendering the inspection process and results flawed.
- If deposits or scaling are visible, it is to be removed from all weldments including a 6" wide band aligned with the centerline of each weldment. This band is identified as being the "Heat affected zone."
- Methods of removal may range from power brushing to light grindign bringing the metal surface to a dull grey finish. All grinding residue must be vacuumed and removed from vessel.
PTI would be available to perform the vessel preparation referenced above for an additonal cost
ASNT - American Society for
NBBI - National Board of Boiler and
Pressure Vessel Inspectors
NACE - NACE International